Bengali or Kerala style, steamed fish recipes are hot favorite. Surmai is a delectable fish, which is enjoyed by the Maharashtrians. It is used in many scrumptious recipes.
Whipping up deliciously healthy recipes is second nature to celebrated Mumbai-based Chef Vicky Ratnani. The most recent feather on Vicky’s hat is winning The Gourmand World Cookbook Awards (think Oscars of the cookbook world) for his book, Vicky Goes Veg by Vicky Ratnani.
Chef Vicky Ratnani shares a recipe for 'Steamed Surmai fish with fresh vegetables'. Ingredients used by the chef are:
1. Take a steaming cooker. Add a glass of water to the bottom
2. Add lemon juice, coriander stem, sliced ginger, cinnamon, star
anise, garlic and salt to cook flavoured water.
3. In the middle of the container, put bok choy, sliced carrots and
4. At the top container of the steamer, put a piece of fish and sprinkle
salt and pepper on it.
5. Now, fix the steaming cooker and steam the ingredients well for
about 5-7 minutes.
6. In the meantime, prepare the sauce to go with the fish.
7. Add chopped onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce, lemon juice
and a little bit of sugar. Mix them well.
8. Now, put the steamed piece of fish on a plate with steamed
vegetables. Pour sauce mixed with flavoured cooking liquor in the
9. The food is ready to serve.
COOKING TIME: 15-20 Minutes