Mexican Rice, A zero oil Mexican rice delicacy made using brown rice instead of white rice and packed with veggies to enhance fibre content.
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Mexi....can-Rice-(--Zero-Oil : http://goo.gl/omhUio Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free....-recipe-app.aspx Fac http://www.facebook.com/pages/....TarlaDalal/207464147 Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ta....rlaDalalsKitchen/fea http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/ Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883....620848727803776 Twit https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/ Mexican Rice (Diabetic and Zero Oil Recipe)
A zero oil Mexican rice delicacy made using brown rice instead of white rice and packed with veggies to enhance fibre content so as to help blood sugar levels in check for diabetics.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 6 minutes.
1½ cups soaked and cooked brown rice
½ cup sliced onions
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes
¾ cup sliced coloured capsicum (yellow, green and red)
½ cup sliced tomatoes
½ cup finely chopped and boiled carrots
½ cup finely chopped and boiled French beans
½ cup soaked and boiled rajma (kidney beans)
Salt to taste
1. Heat a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and garlic and dry roast on a slow flame till the onions turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
2. Add the red chilli flakes and dry roast on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the capsicum, tomatoes, carrots and French beans and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the rajma and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
5. Add the brown rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
Nutrient values per serving
Energy : 106 calories
Protein : 3.8 gm
Carbohydrates : 21.3 gm
Invisible Fat : 0.6 gm
Fibre : 1.1 gm
Calcium : 51.5 mg
Vitamin C : 20.3 mg