The Knives I Use In My Kitchen
http://goo.gl/xjNp7I The Gear I Use To Sharpen My Knives:
DMT W6X: http://amzn.to/1anfp2A DMT W6F: http://amzn.to/15hhl74 DMTW6CP: http://amzn.to/15hhyaq DMT W6E: http://amzn.to/1bSILDL DMT W8CXNB: http://amzn.to/19gxz4y DMT W8EFNB: http://amzn.to/129DEJP DMT W250CXNB: http://goo.gl/eS2Tu DMT250EFNB: http://amzn.to/19gydit SPECIAL PLATES:
DMT D8EE: http://amzn.to/16FW1LO Spyderco 302UF: http://amzn.to/18Xq59O Spyderco 302U: http://amzn.to/18XqbhG Surgical Black Arkansas: http://amzn.to/129FPNu Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups dried cannellini beans soaked over night.
1 21/2 to 3 Lbs of beef marrow bones
Flour for browning optional.
olive oil for browning.
2 ribs celery fine dice.
1 medium onion fine dice.
1 medium carrot fine dice.
4-6 cloves garlic minced.
Dried chili flakes. (optional)
2 bay leaves.
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp sprigs of thyme
1 cup red wine.
1 Lbs beef for stew.
2 cups veal or beef stock. (unsalted)
10-12 ounces of passata or your choice of tomato product.
1. Cook beans in unsalted water for about 15-20 mins then drain & set aside. (they will still be raw)
NOTE: Flour your stew beef and brown up in a Dutch oven and then set aside with all juices.
2. In an heavy oven proof pan roast the marrow bones 20 min ass salt and pepper then take out of oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled enough scoop out marrow into a bowl and set aside.
3. To the same Dutch oven add carrots, celery & onion & cook a couple of minutes until onions are translucent. Then add your garlic & chili & cook a few seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
5. De glaze the pan with the red wine. Let the alcohol cook off a little.
6. Add the stock, passata bay leaves oregano, basil, thyme & drained beans.
7 Stir everything well then add in the roasted marrow and then nestle some bones in the bean mixture.
8 Cover & cook in a 350-375 degrees oven for around 2 hours or until beans are tender.
Serve and enjoy!