Learn how to make Greek Salad at home with Tarika Singh.
Food Blogger Tarika Singh brings you a fresh, healthy and delicious salad recipe from the Greek cuisine. The Greek salad is one of the most popular and well-known Greek dishes outside and inside Greece. It is basically a salad made with tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, olives and feta and there are variations around the globe. Check out Tarika's take on this salad to make it more sumptuous and delicious. This salad can be eaten as a side dish or as a light meal with some fresh bread.
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
garlic - freshly chopped
romaine lettuce - chopped into bite-size pieces
tomatoes - chopped
yellow bell pepper - chopped
green bell pepper - chopped
cucumber - deseeded and chopped
1/2 cup black olives
1 small red onion - soaked in vinegar
To make the dressing:
- In a jar, add the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, freshly grounded pepper, sea salt and dried oregano and whish all the ingredients together.
- Add the freshly chopped garlic to the dressing and give it a good whisk.
- Close the lid of the jar and let it cool in the refrigerator.
To make the salad:
- In a bowl, add the chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, yellow and green bell pepper, chopped cucumber (deseeded), black olives, crumbled feta cheese and the red onion and give it a toss.
- Add the dressing to the salad and give it a nice toss.
- The Greek salad is ready to be served. Do not forget to serve the salad chilled.
Host: Tarika Singh
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Assistant Director: Ivan Pereira
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Ravi Varma
VFX - Shravan Shah
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/ge....tcurried?sub_confirm us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried Share on Facebook - http://goo.gl/36K1x8 Tweet about this - http://goo.gl/dr8wc1 Share on G+ - http://goo.gl/CQsE9R