Bread Pizza, a quick do-it-yourself alternative for regular pizzas. Since most of the ingredients for this open sandwich are common and readily available, you can prepare it quickly any time you want.
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Brea....d-Pizzas-5237r Subs : http://goo.gl/omhUio Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free....-recipe-app.aspx Fac http://www.facebook.com/pages/....TarlaDalal/207464147 Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ta....rlaDalalsKitchen/fea http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/ Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883....620848727803776 Twit https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal Bread Pizza
Bread pizzas are a quick do-it-yourself alternative for regular pizzas. Since most of the ingredients for this open sandwich are common and readily available, you can prepare it quickly any time you want. Just make sure you bake it to perfection and devour it fresh!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 6 minutes.
Baking Time: 22 minutes.
Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F).
Makes 6 bread pizzas.
6 bread slices, lightly buttered
6 tbsp grated processed cheese
For the pizza sauce
½ cup blanched, peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
4 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
½ cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
½ cup finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp tomato purée
¼ cup tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
Salt to taste
½ tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp finely chopped basil
For the pizza sauce
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bay leaves and peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions, garlic and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, tomato ketchup, sugar, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Finally, add the dried oregano and basil and mix well.
5. Remove the bay leaves and peppercorns and discard them.
6. Divide the pizza sauce into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Toast the bread slices in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 minutes.
2. Spread a portion of the prepared pizza sauce evenly over each bread slice and finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese over it.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.