Pav Bhaji originated in Mumbai. Pav Bhaji is a quick snack available on every street corner.
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Pav-....Bhaji-%28-Mumbai-Roa : http://goo.gl/omhUio Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free....-recipe-app.aspx Fac http://www.facebook.com/pages/....TarlaDalal/207464147 Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ta....rlaDalalsKitchen/fea http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/ Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883....620848727803776 Twit https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/ Pav Bhaji
Pav bhaji is more than a mere snack! it's a quick meal that can be grabbed on the go -- since large potions of the bhaji are made in advance and simply reheated with a few spices before serving. You just need to wait till the pav is toasted to perfection with oodles of butter! hmm, top with the raw onions and tomatoes, squeeze a tad of lemon atop the bhaji, and forget yourself!
Soaking Time: 1 Hour
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Makes 4 plates
For The Chilli-garlic Paste
(makes approx. 1/2 cup)
5 to 6 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , deseeded
8 to 10 clove (lehsun) , roughly chopped
For The Bhaji
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
3/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped capsicum
1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1/2 cup boiled and lightly mashed green peas
1 1/2 cups boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
For The Pav
8 laddi ladi pav
8 tsp butter for cooking
1 tsp pav bhaji masala
1 cup finely chopped onions
4 lemon wedges
4 roasted papad
4 tsp butter
For The Garnish
4 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
For the chilli-garlic paste
1. Soak the red chillies in enough warm water for atleast an hour.
2. Drain the chillies, add the garlic and blend in a mixer till smooth, adding little water. Keep aside.
For the bhaji
1. Heat the butter and oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the capsicum and sauté for 1 more minute.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, mash well using a potato masher.
6. Add the salt, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the green peas, potatoes, mix well and cook along with 1/3 cup of water for 1 to 2 minutes, while mashing it with the help of a masher.
8. Add the coriander, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
For the pav
1. Slit 2 pavs vertically and keep aside.
2. Heat a large tava, add 2 tsp of butter and slit open the pavs and place on it.
3. Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides. (add more butter if required).
How to serve
1. Place ¼th of hot bhaji, 2 pavs, ¼ cup of onions, a lemon wedge and a papad on a plate.
2. Top the bhaji with 1 tsp of butter and serve immediately garnished with 1 tsp of coriander.
3. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
1. Pav bhaji masala is a spice blend, which is readily available under different brand names at most grocery stores.